Monday, December 30, 2013

The New Year's Resolutions Most Likely to Fail, and What to Do Instead


New Year's is a great opportunity to reflect on how far we've come and where we hope to go next. The trouble is, most of us then proceed to set entirely unrealistic resolutions that we ultimately fail. Here are the most common failed resolutions, and how to approach them instead. New Year's resolutions are tricky. In theory, they're a great idea, but most of us make too many at once, make them too vague, or just aren't motivated. This year, do better: find a good resolution, find what steps it takes to get there, and make it easy to achieve.
"I'm Going to Lose Weight"
"I'm Going to Spend Less and Save More"
"I Plan to Enjoy Life, Worry Less, Be Happier, Etc."
"I Want to Be a Better Person"
"My New Year's Resolution Is…"

No comments:

Post a Comment